Commercial Dryer & Tumbler Repair FAQs
Belenky is ready to help you with your industrial laundry equipment in anyway we can. Find answers to your questions below, or fill out our Quote/Info Request form. For immediate help, call us at 800-235-3657.
What is the difference between a dryer and a tumbler?
In our industry, the two words are interchangeable.
When I turn on my tumbler, I am hearing a scraping noise as the drum rotates. What is that?
Usually, there is bearing and trunnion failure. This means your bearings have broken loose and the trunnion, or tumbler support, has shifted forward. This tends to be an extensive repair. You may need to make the decision to repair your dryer or buy a new machine. Some of our customers do have the ability to do this repair themselves and purchase the parts. Give us a call, and we will be happy to help you.
My dryer is working but it is not getting hot. What is doing that?
There are several situations that can cause this problem. We suggest you check these items in order and take action if you find a problem.
- Check the voltage of the gas valve coil. Make sure the gas valve is getting voltage.
- Check the ignition control box (also known as spark box) Look for a light that signals the box is no longer functioning.
- Check the spark wire. It is connected to the IEI Control Board. If there is a burn in the wire, the board will not get the electrical pulse.
- Check the thermostats. There are often 2-3 thermostats in your dryer. Make sure the voltage is going through. You need to use a voltage meter for this.
- Check the
thermister - this is similar to a thermostat. It usually gives out a
digital reading of: OP or SH. Both of these are error codes, and if you
see them, your thermister is not functioning properly.
Check the sales switch (also called the air flow switch in the outside back of dryer.) It controls the flapper or air flow vane. If you don't have air flow then you won't have heat. Push button to make sure it is opening and closing properly.
My dryer drum is not rotating or functioning. What can I do?
Check to make sure your belts aren't torn. Cut power to your dryer and take off the back. Many dryers have 1-5 belts depending on the model. If you find a torn belt, it must be replaced. On some models, chains are used instead of belts. In that case, make sure the chain is not broken or overly stretched.
Check the rotation contacts in the control box. Turn on the dryer to see if tabs are moving or pulling in and out. The main computer - the control board - may not be sending a signal to the contacts to pull in or release.
Finally, if the motor is producing a hum - it may be you need a new motor or it needs to be serviced.
Why won't my dryer basket turn?
1. Broken belt
2. Defective motor
3. Tripped safety thermostat
4. Defective door switch
5. Faulty computer board
Why is there no flame on my gas dryer?
1. Tripped thermostat
2. Inoperative ignition control
3. air flow switch malfunction
4. Blown fuse
5. Spark probe defect
6. Temp sensor defect
7. Faulty computer board
8. Faulty transformer
9. Back Draft damper stuck closed
Why do my clothes take so long to dry?
1. Spark probe defect
2. Temp sensor defect
3. clogged lint screen (no airflow)
4. Faulty computer board
5. Inadequate make up air
6. Back draft damper stuck closed
Why does my computer display board fade in and out or suddenly lose customer time?
1. Faulty computer - replace
Why does my coin operated dryer accept coins or give credit but then won't start?
1. Faulty computer board